Fitness Coach Mentoring
Join the monthly reading list
- the basics of ATP physiology and why it is important to training philosophy and understanding.
- how to assess an individual based on their known physical abilities using strength ratios and prediction formulas.
- how to assess an individual to discover currently unknown abilities and limitations (i.e. energy system testing, muscular endurance testing, and the like).
- how to design effective weight training programs to gain muscular strength, power, and mass.
- how to effectively manipulate tempos, repetitions, and sets in weight training programs to optimize results.
- how to overload and de-load a weight training protocol in a safe and effective manner to ensure proper adaptation and subsequent performance improvement.
- how to design effective oxygen-independent (i.e. anaerobic alactic and anaerobic lactic) energy system training sessions. You will learn general ideas about when and how to implement these kinds of training sessions, what kind of person this will best suit, and why training this system is imperative to performance in high intensity events lasting from 1 minute to 30 minutes (or more).
- how to design effective oxygen dependent (i.e. aerobic) energy system training sessions. You will learn how to design training sessions for both single modality (i.e. cyclical modalities like running, biking, etc.) and multiple modality (i.e. external loaded movements, body weight movements, and cyclical movements). You will learn how designing these sessions is very individualized, both from a goal perspective and an ability perspective.
- why the oxygen dependent energy system is the backbone of performance and longevity in most sporting and fitness events.
- how to properly assess and design a variety of energy system training templates (i.e. weekly, monthly, and yearly planning) to best prepare and advance the abilities of a single competitor/client. You will be taught how to design training templates to meet the needs of ANYONE.
- how to properly assess and design a variety of energy system training templates (i.e. weekly, monthly, and yearly planning/periodization) to best prepare and advance the abilities of all individuals partaking in a group based training facility/program.
- how to assess and differentiate individuals and groups in based on testing parameters and certain distinct traits in order to optimize their training program/longevity.
- how to adjust a training plan with an injured client/competitor to still allow for maintenance and/or progress and more…
Meetings and Assignments
Coach Michael works directly with you in person, or via Skype or FaceTime. Typically, one meeting (75-90 minutes) per month. During these calls, the assignment you have completed will be reviewed and discussed in detail.
Assignments are provided based on the individual’s desire to learn. Not everyone has the same goals, nor do they have the same experience.
- If your focus is to design training programs for a certain group of individuals (i.e. specific sport, age, ability, etc.) then the focus of the service will be entirely based on that.
- Many individuals utilize this service as a means to improve the program design for their own individual client’s/competitors.
- Many individuals utilize this service as a means to improve the program design for their own fitness facilities, typically for the group classes that occur there.
- Many individuals utilize the service as a means to upgrade their own knowledge and understanding in order to put it to use for themselves because they are not coaches or fitness facility owners.
- Coaching experience and training knowledge varies greatly among all. Generally, no matter what level you are at in your coaching journey, we will create a path to lead you to success.